DIY Gardener's Hand Scrub
This lemon zest hand scrub is perfect for gardeners, but you'll love it even if you don't have a green thumb. With natural exfoliating, moisturising & antibacterial ingredients, it removes dirt, grime and stubborn odours leaving hands wonderfully soft. (Not to mention smelling so delicious, you'll want to keep sniffing them!).
Keep it right next to your kitchen sink to replenish hands after a big day outdoors, in the shed, or doing dirty housework inside!.
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 0.5 cup liquid dish soap
- 5-10 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil
How to make it
- Zest one lemon and mix together with the coconut oil. Lemon zest has natural oils that gently clean the skin, and coconut oil adds soothing relief for hands.
- Next, add the sugar and dish soap, and mix together until it forms a paste.
- Take your scrub to the next level by adding in your choice of essential oils - up to 20 drops of your preference. We love tea tree oil for its natural antibacterial properties, helping care for those little cuts, scrapes and nicks that are common in the garden. Peppermint is wonderfully minty and fresh, and goes well with lemon too.
- Store in a sealed, glass container and use as needed.