DIY Yoga Mat Spray
With all that downward dogging, our yoga mats can get a bit on the whiffy side. Here's a lovely spritz with the antibacterial powers of essential oils to keep yours fresh.
- 3/4 cup distilled water (filtered or cooled, boiled water also ok)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Oil
- Glass spray bottle (we found these, at Target - there's also other sizes on ebay)
How to make it:
- Place the essential oils in your bottle first
- Add the vinegar (a funnel can be useful)
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with distilled water
- Replace the cap and shake to mix
Spray over your mat to maintain freshness. Don't use too much. Air dry before rolling and storing.
Note: We've kept the oils at a low level but some mat fabrics are sensitive to essential oils, so patch test a small area of your mat first to ensure it doesn't cause damage.