Bosisto's Dust Mite Wash
- Kills 99% of dust mites: a major trigger of asthma, eczema and allergies
- Clinically proven and extensively tested by Australian scientific research
- Ideal as part of a program to reduce dust mites and their allergens
- Can be safely used for blankets, woollens, bedding and most fabrics
- Leaves washed items clean and with a fresh fragrance of natural Eucalyptus
- Natural eucalytpus oil, no chemical pesticides
- Unique natural laundry treatment, easy to use: simply pour, soak and wash
- Australian made and owned
Christmas Sale - Save 30%
Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Wash contains natural Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil in a specially solubilised formula which has been scientifically proven to kill 99% of house dust mites. Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Wash is a natural product and contains no chemical pesticides.
Dust Mites in the Home
House dust mites are tiny, microscopic creatures which live in nearly every Australian home. Millions can live in even the cleanest of homes, and even the most meticulous cleaning will fail to eliminate them.
Dust mites are found in mattresses, carpets, bedding, bed linen and drapes and are mainly concentrated in bedrooms where humans spend approx. 8 hours every day. Up to 2 million can live in an average size bed.
House dust mites like moist conditions and moderate temperatures and thrive on an ample supply of human and animal skin, scales and other debris.
Asthma, Allergies and Family Health
Dust mite allergy is extremely common in Australia. Up to a third of the population is affected with many people living constantly with respiratory problems caused by an allergy to dust mites.
Many people with asthma are allergic to allergens from house dust mites. Research in the United Kingdom has shown that over 80% of children suffering from asthma are sensitised to dust mites and their allergens.1
By reducing the number of dust mites in the house you can significantly reduce the frequency and risk of asthma and allergy attacks in the home. 2,3
Eliminate House Dust Mites
House dust mites can quickly and easily be eliminated from bedding, bedclothes and other clothes by regular soaking and washing using Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Wash.
- Sporik, R., Platts-Mills TAE., Cogswell JJ. “Exposure and sensitisation of children admitted to hospital with asthma to house dust mite allergen”., The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 1991; 87:1, 291
- Huss K., Adkinson N.F. Jr., et al., “House Dust Mite and Cockroach Exposure are Strong Risk Factors for Positive Allergy Skin Test Responses in the Childhood Asthma Management Program”, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Jan 01; 107:1
- Htut T., Higenbottam T.W., Gill G.W., et al., “Eradication of House Dust Mites from Homes of Atopic Asthmatic Subjects: A double-blind trial”, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Jan 01; 107:1
For best results use monthly.
Machine washing (Top Loader ONLY):
- Place items to be washed in top loader machine – do not overfill
- Start filling machine with warm water (ideally around 30°C)
- Use approximately half a bottle (110mL) of dust mite wash per full machine load (enough for one double blanket)
- Add Dust Mite Wash to water. Ensure items are fully covered.
- Leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Wash on appropriate cycle.
Hand washing (NOTE: if you have a front loading machine, please follow these instructions):
- Fill tub or basin with warm water.
- Use Dust Mite Wash at a rate of 25mL per 10 litres of water, or half a bottle per large blanket or quilt. Add dust mite wash and agitate water.
- Add blanket or quilt; push down and agitate for one minute to ensure it is thoroughly covered.
- Soak for 1 hour.
- Squeeze as much excess moisture out as possible. No need to rinse. Dry flat, keeping woollens away from heat or direct sunlight (synthetics may be dried in direct sunlight).
Laundry wash with Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Will damage the eyes and irritate the skin. If product splashes in eyes wash out immediately with water. Wash hands after use.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor, hospital or Poisons Information Centre (131 126). If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Material safety data sheet available on request.
Store below 30°C.