If your hair's feeling a bit dry and lifeless this time of the year there's a good reason. Cold winds, low humidity and indoor heating can strip hair of its natural moisture - but there's an easy fix, and it's a common ingredient you most likely already have in your cupboard.
Olive oil's benefits extend far beyond the kitchen - rich in healthy fats, it can also smooth and nourish hair. Adding Lavender oil gives a beautiful aroma and makes this DIY hair mask a real treat for the senses.
DIY Dry Hair Mask
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12-14 drops of Bosisto's Lavender Oil
- Small plastic bowl
- Take ½ cup quality, extra vigin olive oil and very gently warm on the stove. Don't use a microwave as it can get too hot, too quick.
- Transfer to a small plastic bowl.
- Add 12-14 drops Bosisto’s Lavender Oil.
- When it's cooled enough to be just lukewarm, apply all over dry hair, starting from the ends and moving up to the scalp. Give your scalp a bit of a massage to stimulate circulation.
- Wrap hair in a towel and wait 30 min.
- Rinse off, using Shampoo and light conditioner to finish if you like.
Note: any extra hair mask should be discarded after use - this recipe is single use only.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use. Keep out of reach of children.