Bosisto's Dust Mite Spray
- Highly effective in killing dust mites: a major cause of asthma, eczema and allergies
- Ideal as part of a program to reduce dust mites and their allergens
- Safe for use on your mattresses, pillows, curtains, carpets
- No harsh chemicals
- Australian made and owned
Christmas Sale - Save 30%
Reducing dust mites helps lower the risk of asthma attacks and allergies in sensitized individuals. Bosisto's Eucalyptus Dust Mite Spray is specially formulated using nature’s most powerful dust mite killing substance - Eucalyptus Oil. Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Spray is highly effective in killing dust mites with no harsh chemicals and is ideal to be used as part of Bosisto’s Dust Mite Control Program (including Bosisto’s Dust Mite Wash and Allergen Laundry Liquid) for ongoing allergy control.
Dust Mites in the Home
House dust mites are tiny, microscopic creatures which live in nearly every Australian home. Millions can live in even the cleanest of homes, and even the most meticulous cleaning will fail to eliminate them.
Dust mites are found in mattresses, carpets, bedding, bed linen and curtains, and are mainly concentrated in bedrooms where humans spend approx. 8 hours every day. Up to 2 million can live in an average size bed.
House dust mites like moist conditions and moderate temperatures and thrive on an ample supply of human and animal skin, scales and other debris.
Asthma, Allergies and Family Health
Dust mite allergy is extremely common in Australia. Up to a third of the population is affected with many people living with respiratory problems caused by an allergy to dust mites.
Many people with asthma are allergic to allergens from house dust mites. Research in the United Kingdom has shown that over 80% of children suffering from asthma are sensitised to dust mites and their allergens.1
By reducing the number of dust mites in the house you can significantly reduce the frequency and risk of asthma and allergy attacks in the home. 2,3
Eliminate House Dust Mites
House dust mites can quickly and easily be eliminated from bedding, pillows, mattresses, carpets, rugs, couches and pet areas by spraying Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Spray.
Used regularly in conjunction with Bosisto's Dust Mite Wash on bedding, rugs, curtains and soft toys. Bosisto's Eucalyptus Dust Mite Spray will keep dust mites under control.
- Sporik, R., Platts-Mills TAE., Cogswell JJ. “Exposure and sensitisation of children admitted to hospital with asthma to house dust mite allergen”., The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 1991; 87:1, 291
- Huss K., Adkinson N.F. Jr., et al., “House Dust Mite and Cockroach Exposure are Strong Risk Factors for Positive Allergy Skin Test Responses in the Childhood Asthma Management Program”, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Jan 01; 107:1
- Htut T., Higenbottam T.W., Gill G.W., et al., “Eradication of House Dust Mites from Homes of Atopic Asthmatic Subjects: A double-blind trial”, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Jan 01; 107:1
How to Use
- Hold can 20cm from the surface and allow 30 seconds for each square metre to be treated
- Leave for one to two hours
- Vacuum all areas sprayed using a strong vacuum cleaner with a very fine filter bag (2 ply or similar) or a carpet cleaner
- Repeat monthly and in conjunction with Bosisto’s Dust Mite Wash for best results
Contains Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil. CFC-free propellant.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and sensitive skin. Contains ethanol. Refer to product label for storage and disposal instructions.